Here is our healthier version of a family classic, sweet potato lasagne with greek yogurt. In this recipe we have replaced pasta with layers of thinly sliced sweet potato and swapped the traditional béchamel sauce with a mixture of greek yogurt and parmesan.
Ingredients – Serves 4
1kg sweet potato
500grams turkey mince
2 bell peppers
1 clove garlic
1tbsp tomato puree
100grams pitted kalamata olives
600ml greek yogurt
1tbsp dried oregano
salt and pepper
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice thinly about the same thickness as the pasta for lasagne.
- Drizzle some olive oil into a large pan. Once the pan is hot, add the onions and cook until see-through. Then add the garlic, peppers and meat.
- Cook until the meat is slightly brown and then add the passata, tomato puree, olives, sugar, oregano and season.
- Mix and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Whilst the meat simmers, mix the greek yogurt with 40grams of parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease your oven dish with a little olive oil and cover the bottom of the dish with 3 tablespoons of the yogurt sauce.
- Then add a layer of sweet potato slices. Cover with a layer of meat sauce and then with some yogurt sauce. Repeat with a layer of sweet potato slices and meat. Then cover with one last layer of sweet potatoes and then the remaining yogurt sauce as the last year. Sprinkle the remaining 40grams of parmesan over the yogurt sauce.
- Bake for 50 minutes and then lower the heat to 160 degrees and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with a mixed salad.