If you have just smashed your workout or you’re looking for a tasty mid morning/afternoon snack then our ultimate protein balls are perfect. Each Protein ball is tasty, full of flavour and contain superfoods such as flaxseed and almonds. The recipe uses sugars that are close to their natural source and not refined making them even healthier.
Get cooking on Sunday night and keep them in your fridge all week, that way you have a healthy tasty snack at hand when that sweet tooth comes calling.
15 Almonds (unsalted)
15 Cashew Nuts (unsalted)
4 tablespoons of 3 nut butter or almond butter
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
100g milled oats
30g desiccated coconut
30g milled flaxseed
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 tablespoons of almond milk (unsweetened)
Extra desiccated coconut for outside coating (optional)
- Blend almonds and cashew nuts until ground.
- Heat the nut butter, coconut oil and honey in a saucepan over a low heat until melted.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in the ground nuts, milled oats, coconut, flaxseed and cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly until the mixture is sticky but firm.
- If mixture appears dry, add the almond milk.
- Allow mixture to cool and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes to make rolling easier.
- Roll the protein ball into walnut sized balls.
- Roll balls into extra desiccated coconut as a coating if desired.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.